It is not uncommon for many of us to struggle to meet our daily fruit and veg needs. Especially when trying to increase our children’s fruit and veg consumption to help support their growth and development.
Why is it important for our children to include fruit and vegetables in their daily diet?
- Rich source of Fibre (Healthy Digestive System)
- Rich source of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients (nutrients naturally present in plant which protects health known as antioxidants & flavanoids)
- Help protect against chronic diseases like heart disease, stroke, some types of cancers
- Help prevent excessive weight gain
- Relatively low in calories.